10/5/09

Golf carts & cornhole: gameday traditions leading up to kickoff

ATHENS, GA - Another weekend down folks! I stayed local this time and Saturday festivities did not dissapoint (me). That was probably not the case f'or some die-hard, bodypainted, pom-pom smacking, obscenity screaming fans who witnessed "crazy eyes" and the rest of the UGA squad fall to #4 LSU in the final minutes of a very close game. I should probably include myself in that bunch, after all, now that I think about it, I did do all of the above. Except for the bodypaint part, could you imagine how much paint it would take to cover my delicate figure? You could paint a house with that amount.

After deciding not to do the whole bodypaint thing, I made my way to my very first tailgate, bright and early. Nothing like beer for breakfast, it felt like new years. Anyways, we hung out for a while, people watched, spotted some crazy looking people but overall chilled out with some friends of friends and had a good time.

I headed to the game and made it just in time for kickoff, gotta love the feeling of 90,000 screaming fans!

Highlighst included: not getting blisters, riding to the stadium in a golf cart (take a look at the video)>>courtesy of Lindsey's hookups and being asked if we were on the volleyball team (never fails). Oh yea and I also got offered $30 to ride this very drunk person to his final destination but I refused. He was looking pretty pail and I know what happens a few seconds after mixing alcoholic beverages and getting pail, ask my friend Rosita, she can tell you a story or two.

After the game, I walked home (man could I have used that golf cart right then) and met up with my peeps again for a final recap & wings.
That's my weekend in a nutshell, I tried to photo/video document the day as much as possible so you could get a feel of it from a fans perspective, which differs a bit from ESPN HD.

Big week coming up...Midterms galore, papers, readings, U2 concert, 5K (Yes, Lindsey we are going so get ready haha). Motto: No dejes para maƱana lo que puedas hacer hoy.
Hope you enjoy the pics and videos...thanks for stopping by! Oh yeah and don't forget to leave a comment or two. Happy Monday to all!



LD


video


Lindsey, Jennifer +1 and myself...Jessie would be proud!


We had a visitor, this is Stanford, as you can see he has a tiger in his mouth, we played the LSU Tigers that day, get it? North campus was pretty crazy



Walking toward the stadium...my feet hurt




Gametime!


video

Crazy eyes attempting to complete a pass...didn't happen


Walking home after the game, I was pretty tired.

1 comment:

  1. Great footage from the day!! Yay 5K on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete