10/5/09

Golf carts & cornhole: gameday traditions leading up to kickoff

ATHENS, GA - Another weekend down folks! I stayed local this time and Saturday festivities did not dissapoint (me). That was probably not the case f'or some die-hard, bodypainted, pom-pom smacking, obscenity screaming fans who witnessed "crazy eyes" and the rest of the UGA squad fall to #4 LSU in the final minutes of a very close game. I should probably include myself in that bunch, after all, now that I think about it, I did do all of the above. Except for the bodypaint part, could you imagine how much paint it would take to cover my delicate figure? You could paint a house with that amount.

After deciding not to do the whole bodypaint thing, I made my way to my very first tailgate, bright and early. Nothing like beer for breakfast, it felt like new years. Anyways, we hung out for a while, people watched, spotted some crazy looking people but overall chilled out with some friends of friends and had a good time.

I headed to the game and made it just in time for kickoff, gotta love the feeling of 90,000 screaming fans!

Highlighst included: not getting blisters, riding to the stadium in a golf cart (take a look at the video)>>courtesy of Lindsey's hookups and being asked if we were on the volleyball team (never fails). Oh yea and I also got offered $30 to ride this very drunk person to his final destination but I refused. He was looking pretty pail and I know what happens a few seconds after mixing alcoholic beverages and getting pail, ask my friend Rosita, she can tell you a story or two.

After the game, I walked home (man could I have used that golf cart right then) and met up with my peeps again for a final recap & wings.
That's my weekend in a nutshell, I tried to photo/video document the day as much as possible so you could get a feel of it from a fans perspective, which differs a bit from ESPN HD.

Big week coming up...Midterms galore, papers, readings, U2 concert, 5K (Yes, Lindsey we are going so get ready haha). Motto: No dejes para maƱana lo que puedas hacer hoy.
Hope you enjoy the pics and videos...thanks for stopping by! Oh yeah and don't forget to leave a comment or two. Happy Monday to all!



LD




Lindsey, Jennifer +1 and myself...Jessie would be proud!


We had a visitor, this is Stanford, as you can see he has a tiger in his mouth, we played the LSU Tigers that day, get it? North campus was pretty crazy



Walking toward the stadium...my feet hurt




Gametime!




Crazy eyes attempting to complete a pass...didn't happen


Walking home after the game, I was pretty tired.

1 comment:

  1. Great footage from the day!! Yay 5K on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete