10/8/09

Scratch U2 from the bucket list

So this week I decided to take a break from my sport econ midterm, and ventured off to the ATL to watch U2 live and in concert. Traffic leading up to the Georgia Dome was insane, but hey when you have 80,000 going to the same place at the same time, vehicular congestion is bound to be an issue. All in all, it was a very organized traffic jam. I actually missed the abrasive "cortes de pastelillo".

I finally made it inside and thankfully my peeps were waiting for me with a beer in hand. Here's a video clip of Julio (Herbie's college roomate) complaining and saying I was late.


Some crazy rock band called Muze opened but I wasn't very interested. I was more worried about trying to find an emergency exit because we were so far up in the stands I almost got a sneak peak of heaven. Can't complain though, we had a perfect view of the stage!!

"Stuck in a moment" was my favorite piece of the evening. Edge played it with an acoustic guitar. Amazing! Here's a short clip. Please excuse my magnificent vocals in the background.


They played for a solid 2hrs and 15 mintes, mostly the classics and a few from their new cd. Bono would not be Bono if he wouldn't have tried to save the world then and there while inspiring us to do the same. He's fighting a great cause and going about it in all the right ways...gotta love him! I was sad when it was all over, but so happy I got to see them, we had a blast!


It took me more than an hour to get back on the highwahy after the concert was over. But I eventually made it back to Athens, pretty late but made it. Oh yeah and like 2 mins from my apartment I get pulled over by a cop for going 45 in a 35. Thankfully, he was nice enough to let me go without a citation whheewww. I have a new found respect for men in uniform.

On another note>> 4 days, 4 essay questions, 10 pages and approximately 30 junk food snacks later my first midterm in 3 years was over. But I wont be rejoicing any time soon, we're about to get another one of those posted tomorrow. Fun fun! And this time there won't be a U2 break to ameliorate mid-semester stress. Oh well, i'll live through the sleep deprivation.

Looking on the bright side and accepting new challenges. Thats what its all about. Cause I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

LD

Coming up on Saturday: 5K...my first! Goal: not to come home in an ambulance.

2 comments:

  1. Laura,
    Me fascina tu blog! Me entretengo muchisimo leyendolo! Te felicito por tus ideas y lo bien que las llevas al escrito!! Keep it up :) MUA!

    ReplyDelete