3/18/12

EL DIA ESTA BONITO...

One of the main things I've learned from living in the USA is the fact that you do not take a perfect weather weekend for granted. En el Caribe esto no nos importa tantisimo porque el clima tropical nos permite tener dias preciosos todo el a~o. Aca si el dia esta bonito "no te vayas hacer compra".

But as much as I love the beach, there were other things going on in town on Saturday morning so I decided to take advantage of the "every third Saturday of the month" Nocatee Farmers Market AND the Riverside Arts Market. Spring was in the air and so were the strollers...so many families...it was crazy! Nevertheless, we supported the community by purchasing produce from our local growers. Baby eggplant and buttercup lettuce were two of the featured items in my green bag. They had tons of fresh goodies and I happened to snap pics along the way.

Brussel Sprouts! 
Orchid man!
Homemade sodas

After scarfing down a signature apple strudel from the dude with the weird accent and at the request of mi padre, I ventured downtown to attended the Jacksonville Orchid show at the Jacksonville Garden Club. Yes, I was the youngest person there by far. But apparently I must have looked very official looking at the flora because people kept trying to ask me questions regarding orchids. I am by no means an expert, I'm pretty sure the only one I have is on it's last leg. I snapped a few pics there too...
But of course an awesome weekend like this would not be complete without some playa action...Here are some snaps of the beach. Our Saturday mimosas made it on the collage as well, they were just so pretty (and tasty) I couldn't resist.
oh yeah, and I used the buttercup lettuce to make tuna wraps. Turned out to be a great lunch, super easy to make too! I'm thinking this will be a regular item on my work lunch menu this week, minus the beer and flask. 

Hope your weekend was as fun as mine...I'm super excited to whip up a nice meal with my mini eggplants, I'll be sure to post pics. On another note, can you believe we're in the middle of March? This year is flying by...be sure to make the best out of every day, even if it sucks. "Siempre hay alguien mas jodio que uno..."

xo
LD

1 comment: