It's been a while since I've written an extensive post with actual sentences and paragraphs. Most of my posts this year have been photographic recollections of the ridiculous situations I find myself in, places I've been, how I spend my free time, and the people who surround me while I'm doing the last few things I just mentioned. But now it's that time of year again. Time to reflect on the past 12 months, time to take a look back on what has made this year so special, but most of all time to be GRATEFUL.
I would classify this year as one of transition and change. This year was sort of...BAM, in your face! A year of growing up fast and grabbing "Plan B" by the horns. A year of testing the waters and as we say in Spanish "poniendo el ojo en la mirilla".
Those of you that know me well, know how much I love organization so instead of just rambling I'm going to provide a Top 10 list of the things that have made this year one to remember... With that said, it's time to reveal my "I'm GRATEFUL for.... " 2011 Edition.
- Mi Familia - this one makes it on the list every year, and why not? They are awesome! Es que son los mejores! Kind. Funny. Bold. Genuine. Generous. Great people who care and support each other 110%
- Co-workers who become friends.
- The authors of all the good books whose pages I've turned this year for allowing me to step away from reality and into a world of fantasy...at least for a little while.
- Social media, texting, bbm, skype, and technology in general...It makes the world so flat and yet I love it! Gives me perspective and brings me close to home.
- My Weight Watchers meetings - keep me looking forward to something every week.
- My Nikon D5000 - I love her and hardly go anywhere without her! It's to fun to think that with a simple click of a shutter you can capture a moment in time and keep it with you forever. I love it when I go to my friends homes and a picture I took is framed on their nightstand or hanging on their wall. It means something.
- Jet Blue for adding a direct JAX - SJU route.
- My job at The First Tee - I can't say it enough, what a great place to work! It's not every day that you find a group of fun, talented. inspired, and compassionate people who love what they do and believe in the mission. I'm glad I found it this early in life and thankful to be part of an organization that's going to be a game changer in our society.
- Friends who take the time to...send post cards and care packages, say thank you, make me laugh, call instead of text, travel to Jax, listen to me talk about my guilty pleasures, Twilight, and how much I love my job.....I could go on forever with this one. I'm lucky enough to have a tight group of friends and family who put up with all my nonsense. Friends like you who take the time to read this blog. Muchas Gracias!
Well that's it for 2011...I'm sure I could come up with a few more, but Top 10 lists are a good way of summarizing things up. I look forward to this post every year, it's a good way of reflecting on the past few months and appreciating all the good that surrounds me.
To all my friends: Embrace the week with those closest to you, take the time to make someone feel special, sweat the small stuff, don't take things for granted, and enjoy The 4 F's...Food, Family, Friends and Fiesta. Unless you live in the US where you will most likely replace the last F with Football. Or unless you are me which then it would be replaced with Fwine or Fvodka.
Happy Turkey Week!