4/4/10

Overthinking on Easter Sunday

I had a great Easter Sunday! My friend/boss/die hard golf fan Karen is visiting from PR so we spent the day hanging around Athens. It was kind of sad she came on a day where 1) all the stores were closed because of the holiday and 2) they didn't start selling alcohol until 12:30. Good thing we went to brunch at noon so we only had to wait around for our mimosas for 30 mins...Worth the wait...it was good times.


Note to self: I cannot go to brunch on a date! I ate so much at Porterhouse! Omelet, eggs benedict, bacon, potatoes, lamb, salmon, olives...on yeah and salad. It's the hungover person's dream. At least we took a good walk around downtown afterward...I was able to burn off some of the calories (at least that's what I keep telling myself).
Then we came back to the apt and took a much needed nap. When we woke up, guess what? It was time to eat again so we grabbed a bottle of wine and headed over to Cali & Tito's for some hors devours. Fun times.

That's when our overthinking began. we are headed to the Masters tomorrow (or today, depending on when you are reading this) so we had to establish our plan of attack. We discussed things such as:
Karen: How do we steal a divot? I brought a zip lock bag, but I have to throw out the platanutres in them.
LD: Ummm, I have zip lock bags here.
Karen: De las grandes?
LD: Do I want to just bring my camera by itself or in the case?
LD: Should we buy stuff in the morning to avoid rush hour or in the afternoon so we don't have to carry everything around?
Both: Autographs, do or don't?
LD: What are you going to wear? Should I wear long pants or shorts? Is it going to be cold in the morning?
LD: What time are we waking up? We definitely want to be there by 8.
LD: Are you showering first?
LD: Do you think Tiger will remember our first kiss when he sees me?
Karen: What time do they start selling beer?

We basically talked about the things 2 people traveling to "hallowed grounds" for the first time would discuss. We are very excited to say the least. Wish us luck!

Peace out,

LD

1 comment:

  1. Hope ya'll are having a blast today at the Masters!! Aren't you glad you discovered Porterhouse?

    ReplyDelete